Speaking & Training
2017 Speaking & Training Engagements:
- ATTENDING: February 8-9. VetSet2Go Conference, Kingscliff
- ATTENDING: February 16, VBG Mastermind Business Breakfast, Ormeau
- ATTENDING: April 20, VBG Mastermind Business Breakfast, Ormeau
- May 3, WebinarVet Practice Management Webinar, UK.
Topic: The Leader Who Isn’t.
- May 31st – September 6, Private Practice Webinar Training
- ATTENDING: June 4th – 8th, AVA Conference, Melbourne
- June 8th, AVA Conference
Practice Management Stream, 3pm
Topic: Happiness! The Power of Positive Psychology to Enhance and Improve Performance
- ATTENDING: June 15, VBG Mastermind Business Breakfast, Ormeau
- ATTENDING: June 21 – 24, Sydney: Happiness & It’s Causes, Sydney
Dr Natasha Wilks is an accomplished speaker & trainer. She has spoken extensively at veterinary conferences in Australia. She takes complex material and simplifies it for maximum engagement and impact. She is passionate, enthusiastic and committed to serving her audience.
Previous Clients Include:
Natasha presented at the AVAPM conference in 2013 on Client Engagement, in 2014 on The Five Steps to Success and in 2015 on Building Client Relationships. Natasha presented at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 AVA Conference, the Brisbane Veterinary Practitioners Conference in 2015 as well at the BPV Pub nights. In 2016, Natasha presented 2 sessions at the ASV Conference and discussed Mental Health Awareness at the AVBA Conference.
Natasha trains veterinary practices within Australia and Internationally.
She has spoken on webinars for The Webinar Vet Australia, The Webinar Vet UK and for Turbocharge Your Practice private trainings.
Natasha has contributed articles to the Australian Veterinary Journal in March, April and July 2015; AVBA, In The Black Magazine and VetAnswers blog and FatD Purple paper on Dentistry in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Natasha is a contributing author to the Vet Coach 8th Edition book.
These topics can be tailored for in-practice training.
Personal Insight & Self Awareness
- Self Awareness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Aim for Excellence Not Perfection
- Career Planning
- Building Strong Client Relationships
- Understanding Clients to Improve Compliance
- What Do Clients Want?
- Dealing with Challenging Clients
- How to Communicate for Impact & Influence
- Finding Your Purpose In Practice
- Building Resilience to Cope with Adversity
- Realistic Optimism is Essential
- Stress Management
- Applying Positive Psychology to Improve Wellbeing
- Compassion Fatigue and Burnout Prevention
- Increase your Turnover
- Stop the Leaks
- Sales isn’t a Dirty Word
- Salary Negotiation
Natasha can tailor presentations to suit your desired outcome.
In practice, on-site training can consist of:
- A lunch & learn, which is usually a 60 to 90 minute session, for practices within the Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine & Gold Coast region
- Half day training for practices within the Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine & Gold Coast region
- Full day training within Australia
- Multi-day trainings within the Australasia region and internationally
For Enquiries and Natasha’s rates:
Call: +61 434 836 178
Enjoyed Natasha’s presentation, loved every minute of it! Content was realistic and practical, delivered with warmth and style. She handled the hard truths of a work place (veterinary practice) with a positive and constructive view and really helpful ideas that are quick and easy to implement with potential for big benefits.
Dr. Michelle Blowes
I loved Dr Natasha Wilks’ presentations at #AVAConf2016! I found Natasha’s presentations on career planning to build your personal reputation and on resilience (coping with adversity in practice), absorbing and well presented. I appreciate Natasha’s style of bringing practical steps into some of the toughest everyday issues and really handing over practical coaching tips that everyone can walk away with. Natasha speaks from experience and that gives great credibility to how vets can benefit from career planning and self-care. These presentations confirmed for me that finding a career coach like Natasha is a great thing to do as with so many opportunities for different veterinary career paths a coach can help me define career goals and make sure I am always headed down a great path!
Dr Emma Davis
I have watched Natasha take up the baton for positive psychology in the veterinary profession and cannot speak highly enough of her commitment to coaching veterinarians and their staff in the direction of excellent mentation.
Positive psychology is the way forward in mentation for the veterinary profession and Natasha as a veterinarian and coach is paving the way forward.
Natasha has a real passion to drive positive psychology and foster resilience through presentations and coaching. These are endeavours we have to embrace as a profession.Dr. Brian Mc Erlean MVB MRCVS